Wednesday, 7 October 2015

BODY AND CONTEXT (30th sept and 1t oct)

I missed few classes at the beginning since I was sick. I didn't know what the class was about. 
The class started with a lot of questions like How is an Indian depicted? who defines your beauty? Most of everyone said that Indians are wheatish/brown color, men having 5'5 and 5'3 (average height) and the clothes they wear depends upon the state, culture and religion. And for beauty, its yourself who defines beauty but most people especially girls they think about others.
Then we did activity which is to check for the word beauty through image search. We came to know that all the pictures showed were people with fair skin, blonde/brunette hair and green/blue eyes. This was a typical thinking of how beauty should be.
The afternoon session was making a wall art where the theme was Indian men and women. Lucky this was a group work.So, we planned out how its going be and then start doing on the wall. We chose to do on the one of the pillars. This wall art was mixed media where we used paints, ribbons, cloth, actual bindi and sequins. This was really fun to do and I'm actually proud and happy with the outcome. 





No comments:

Post a Comment